Lean Yellow Belt Training
Are you ready to open the door to the Lean Universe?
The Lean Yellow Belt starts that journey, opening up the Lean Universe for you. Get to know the Lean philosophy in-depth and learn some handy tips and techniques that you can immediately put into practice.
What is Lean Yellow Belt?
Lean Yellow Belt is a certification level within Lean that comprises the principles of Lean and prepares you to actively participate in improvement projects within your organisation. As a Yellow Belt, you are trained to perform specific tasks, such as supporting workshops, identifying and eliminating waste, and participating in improvement initiatives.
It is important to understand that Lean is not a ready-made solution but rather a philosophy and way of thinking that constantly demands improvement and optimisation. By using the right tools and actively involving employees in the improvement process, organisations are well placed to move towards a more efficient and customer-centric way of working.
Lean Yellow Belt is suitable for those who want to contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within their organisation. Once you have completed the training you will be ready to tackle improvement projects and make a valuable contribution to the growth and efficiency of your organisation.
What will you gain from the Lean Yellow Belt training?
Once you have completed this Lean training, you will become that in-demand team member within your organisation when it comes to improvement projects. As a Yellow Belt, you will recognise waste, know how to implement quick wins, and be able to apply the most commonly used Lean techniques. You can expect that after the training, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles of Lean in your daily work, enabling you to optimise processes, identify waste, and create value for your customers.
- Recognise and eliminate waste in processes to improve efficiency. You will be able to identify non-value-added activities and reduce or eliminate them, saving time, costs, and resources.
- Address problems in a structured manner and implement sustainable solutions. You will learn how to analyse problems, identify root causes, and plan and implement improvement actions to solve problems and prevent recurrence.
- Actively participate in Lean implementations within your organisation and contribute to continuous improvement. You will be able to participate in improvement teams, support improvement initiatives, and promote a culture of continuous improvement within your team and organisation.
After completing this training, you will have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to apply Lean principles and techniques in your daily work. You will be able to effectively address problems, reduce waste, and contribute to the growth and efficiency of your organisation.
What will you learn during the Lean Yellow Belt training?
During this classroom training, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the Lean philosophy. You will go through various modules that cover the different phases of Lean, including the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) and DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodologies. You will learn:
- The background and principles of Lean, including the focus on creating value, eliminating waste, and striving for continuous improvement. You will understand how Lean can have a positive impact on organisations and how to define value from the customer’s perspective.
- Important Lean techniques and tools used to streamline processes and improve efficiency. You will learn methods such as 5S, value stream mapping, kanban, Kaizen, and visual management, and how to apply them to identify waste, optimise processes, and improve flow.
- How to create A3 charters, learning how to structure and communicate complex problems to stakeholders. This helps create a common understanding and direction for process improvement.
- Process mapping and analysis, learning how to map processes, visualise workflows, and identify the inter-relationships between activities. This helps identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
- Problem identification and resolution using the PDCA and DMAIC methodologies. You will learn how to systematically address problems by setting goals, conducting experiments, monitoring results, and adjusting processes based on feedback. You will gain insight into root cause analysis and learn how to implement sustainable solutions.
- Identifying root causes and executing small improvement projects in your department. You will learn how to collect and analyse data to identify the causes and make small-scale improvements. You will be equipped with tools to effectively implement and communicate changes within your team or department.
This training provides a deep understanding of the Lean philosophy and equips you with practical knowledge and skills to apply Lean techniques and methodologies. You will be able to reduce waste, optimise processes, address complex problems, and implement improvements. This will contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within your organisation.
Sign up for our Lean Yellow Belt training.
- The training lasts 2 days.
- The training can be conducted both on-site and in-company.
Lean Yellow Belt: Training Opportunities in Every Region.
Our day-long training sessions are held at fixed locations.
What will you receive with the Lean Yellow Belt training?
- Two days of intensive training at a specific location, filled with interactive sessions and practical examples.
- Unlimited access to our e-learning platform, serving as a convenient reference for refreshing your knowledge after the training.
- All necessary study materials to support you during your learning journey, including handouts, templates, and digital resources.
- An official Lean Yellow Belt certificate from LCS, the Cardiff University licenced service, acknowledging your proficiency in Lean principles and techniques.
Would you prefer to learn Online?
If you prefer online learning and want to embark on your Lean journey from the comfort of your own home, our online Lean Yellow Belt training could be just what you need. This online training is designed for self-paced learning, wherever you are. Sign up today and experience the power of online learning with DMAIC.com.
The phases of lean
Step into the Define phase and discover how to transform your improvement project into a clear roadmap for success! In this crucial phase, you delve deep into the core of the issue, define the scope of the improvement project, and gather 'Voice of the Customer' information. This lays a solid foundation upon which you can build to optimise your process!
Enter the Measure phase and elevate your process to the next level! Here, you go far beyond merely describing and visualising the process. You also hit the nail on the head by identifying waste and unveiling quick-wins. Discover the power of data-driven decision-making through the execution of measurements.
Take action with the invaluable data you've gathered in the Measure phase! Kick off with a baseline assessment to map out your current performance. After this analysis, it's time to fine-tune your improvement journey and delve into the root causes of your problems. Employ an arsenal of advanced techniques not just to identify issues, but also to bring solutions within reach.
Implement improvements in the Improve phase! After conducting in-depth analyses and unravelling the root causes, it's time to come up with solutions. Harness the creativity of the participants and make intelligent use of Lean tools to arrive at a well-thought-out selection of solutions.
This step teaches you a range of robust safeguarding techniques to ensure that resolved issues truly become a thing of the past. You wrap up the Lean project and extend your gratitude to the dedicated project team that made it all possible.